Sunday, November 4, 2007

Mark Billingham - Scaredy Cat

The book description says it all and there isn´t much to add from my side without revealing some of the great secrets the story offers.

***

This has been my first book by Mark Billingham and I am fascinated by the main character Tom Thorne. Intrigued by Mark Billingham´s homepage I got the book because the descriptions Billingham left of DI Thorne´s character made me think there is another interesting series worthy to read.

The book as itself has it´s ups and downs. Partly switching between present and past, which is interesting, but overall the books seems to be very long with lots of unnecessary details. Though the story is a thriller it develops very slowly.

DI Thorne´s personal thoughts and problems reminded me of the early Kay Scarpetta only his are much deeper and emotional which made me connect pretty fast to his character. Certainly I am going to read the rest of the series.

The Tom Thorne Series contains 7 novels so far:

1) Sleepyhead
2) Scaredy Cat
3) Lazybones
4) Burning Girl
5) Lifeless
6) Buried
7) Death Message

Rating:
Visit Mark Billingham.

ISBN-13: 9780061032202
ISBN-10: 0061032204
Publisher: Avon Books
Publication Date: 4/2004
Pages: 448
Book Type: Mass Market Paperback

No comments: