Thursday, October 25, 2007

Robert B. Parker - School Days

When a boy is accused of a shocking mass murder, only his grandmother is convinced of his innocence. When she hires Spenser to investigate, the inquiry grows more harrowing with every unexpected turn.

Horrible !

There must be a secret to Parker´s success of mass publishing books. However, I was not able to find it.
First of all this was my first book by Robert B. Parker and certainly it was the last one. I just can´t be friend with dull writing and sentences that rarely contain more than 10 words.

Here´s a short excerpt:
"It had been a wet summer. Outside my office window, it was raining again. I was watching it. Pearl was resting om her couch. Later, when the excitement died down, I might read the paper. My phone rang. Pearl had no reaction. She didn´t care about phones. I didn´t either, but somebody had to answer, so I picked it up."

I rarely write bad reviews but this book deserved one.

Rating:
Visit Robert B. Parker.

ISBN-13: 9780425211342
ISBN-10: 0425211347
Publisher: Berkley
Publication Date: 10/3/2006
Pages: 320
Book Type: Paperback

No comments: